Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Last Week Or So...

Hey, sorry about not posting in a while, but I'll try to fill in some gaps.

So first of all, it has been a crazy couple weeks, very busy, and tons to do. Last Monday was my first day of school, and it is VERY different. The teachers switch classrooms, and we stay in the same one, and the say ends at 12, everyone go's home to eat lunch, and on mondays and fridays we go back at 6 for gym.

As for the food, we have eaten meat atleast once a day, every single day! And the extent of their vegetables is usually potatoe salad or carrots. They also drink gallons of sodas. It's not the healthiest, but it sure is delicious!

To try and offset the overload of calories, i also started Team Handball. It's probably not what you think, cause we dont really have it in the states. in a nutshell, its kind of like basketball, except instead of a hoop, there is like a soccer goal, and a goalie. It is super fun, and I'm definitely going to keep playing.

I have been able to meet my other host families as well, because they are all very good friends of eachother, and they seem really great too! I went to a motocross race with my third host family, because my second host families kids race motocross. The son is around 13 i think, and the daughter is 7! It was so comical watching her going down the track, doing a solid 5 mph.

All in all, it has been an overwhelming, but very fun last few weeks. I hope to post more often, so look again soon!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Chad, sounds like a lot of fun. Soda and meat, my kind of meal. Keep posting when you have time, we're thinking of you!
    M&T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chad - thanks for the great update. I think you've found a great senior project - starting a Team Hardball league in Ashland. Keep writing! B&L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chad.... enjoyed the up-date.... what is school like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like tons of fun, looking foward to learning how to play handball, miss ya lots

    ReplyDelete